Thursday, November 19, 2009

H1N1, etc.

Hello Everybody-

Just thought I would give a quick update on my illness. While in Michigan with AAMB we were given water bottles to share. The next day in the evening I noticed my throat was sore. By Monday I was coughing and had a really sore throat. Tuesday I began running a fever and had frequent coughing, but the sore throat was leaving. Wednesday morning I went to Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) at 8:30 am. After going through vitals and a questionnaire with the Flu nurse I was diagnosed with the H1N1 Influenza virus. I was prescribed Tamiflu and was confined to my room until the following Monday. On Thursday I noticed erratic sinus behavior (pain, bloody discharge, etc.) and I believed that to be due to a small sinus infection.

Come Saturday, the fever was gone, and I have believed the flu to be leaving, however my cough was worsening, as was the runny nose. No other symptoms present. Monday I could no longer tolerate the cough and wheezing, so I made a Doctor's appointment for Tuesday. Tuesday I was told I have bronchitis complications due to Asthma and was prescribed a large amount of Predinsone and Codine cough suppresant. I have been coughing a lot and have had a runny nose, but otherwise I feel fine.

I should be back to a healthy state for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment